What does a Woman Waking the World DO?
I believe it is critical that women stay INFORMED – not just about that whic
entertains and inspires us, but that which affects our lives. We need to confront
those specific issues that tend to go unspoken because they are less relevant to
men. However uncomfortable it is, we need to know the statistics and facts of
abuse in all it’s forms:
LOCAL and GLOBAL: |
- Rape, and rape as an instrument of war
- The growing sex trade now paralleling the drug trade in for-profit activity
- Violence against women, rape, human and sex trafficking
GOVERNMENTAL and CORPORATE:
- 16% women in congress represent 51% of the population.
- The glass ceiling while cracking still holds its own.
- Many women who have achieved success have done so using the male
model for success.
ONLY when we remain informed can we speak out and reach our own intelligent conclusions. The work here is to be conscious of the attitude and tone we use in sharing this information with others.
We hope we can supply you with thought provoking articles, new views on old assumptions, networking and a resource for all women waking the world. That
is the objective of this site, of the newsletter Seeing the World Through Women’s
Eyes and YouTube interviews and conversations.
CHANGE begins with an idea then becomes a conversation, and conversation leads
us to re-think, re-new and re-create old patterns and behaviors.
We do this in service to all life on the planet.