“Women Waking the World” is a global initiative and movement to restore
women’s wisdom, values, and influence for planetary survival. The imbalance
of the masculine and feminine lies at the root of world problems–too much
of one and not enough of the other in our understanding and outlook.
Thomas Berry writes, “Women and the Earth are inseparable. The fate of one
is the fate of the other.”
The integration of the feminine dimension of life and consciousness is the
missing link and essential element needed to set right the multitude of crises
on our planet. Impressive work like Dale’s wonderful, In Our Right Minds
truly lays out the core issues of imbalance that WWW would like to focus
on, but the question remains, “now what?” How can we compliment her
work. and the work of many others by taking the next step? What are the
next steps to regain wholeness?
Deep seated patterns of thought continue to repress both men and women.
Patriarchal systems demean women’s value, opinions and influence by
confining the emotional range and roles of men. WWW would like to suggest
that we begin identifying next steps by launching an in depth conversation to
define ideas and create the balance needed to support the gifts of our right brain.
Influencer: The Power to Change, by Kerry Patterson explores the path from
idea to experiences. It seems that change does not occur through education,
“but by reaching people who have influence; because when people of influence
model a change others follow. WHAT are the HOW TO’s on the path to a world
that is balanced? And who are the models for change?
So we are asking you for your thoughts:
- How do we bring respect and reverence to that which we hold as feminine?
- (the earth, beauty, women, girls, intuition etc etc.)
- What steps will bring our brains into wholeness?
- What questions do we need to ask?
- What are some potential solutions?
- What stories of reconciliation between the genders can we share?
- What behaviors’ would demonstrate the values we are seeking to implemented?
- What would be most useful?
- What would be the easiest to accomplish?
- What changes would you have to make personally?